Monday 25 March 2024

Enduring Beauty

I have never used this technique before, but I'm definitely going to use it again. It's so quick and easy to use.
First I cut an A4 piece of Balmy Blue cardstock in half and then folded in half to make an A5 size card base. Then I trimmed Basic White card 14.4cm by 10cm and embossed using the Basic 3D embossing folder.
On another piece of Basic White card I stamped the main image of the flower.
I then picked 3 different blue inks for the flowers - Pool Party, Balmy Blue and Azure Afternoon.  Using the masks in order I coloured the main flower in the lightest colour.  Then changed to the 2nd mask and used the middle colour and finally I used the 3rd mask with the darkest blue.  This technique gives the flower more depth.  
With the leaves I used Granny Apple Green and Garden Green, and again using the 4th and 5th mask.
When I was happy with the colouring and I used the die to cut out the flower.
To assemble the card I cut some Lighter than Air 6" DSP and cut on an angle behind the die cut flower.
Stamped the sentiment on Balmy Blue cardstock using Timeless Arrangements stamp set.  
I finished the front of the card with Balmy Blue double-stitched ribbon and some gems.

Inside the card I adhered a strip of the same paper at the bottom and added a verse from Timeless Arrangements.

And here's another colour version.

For this card I used Fresh Freesia cardstock and inks Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Garden Green and Granny Apple Green.

Happy Crafting and thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment